Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1970 Case 580ck Fluid Question – Again!

twistedvines ยท 2015-05-18 20:15

Hello all, Need some guidance about a new to me 1970 580ck. Bought it last year and thanks to several posts here rebuilt all of the hydraulic cylinders last year. Now I want to change the fluids. I have read several posts and just need to confirm where to fill and what to put in. I do have a full repair, parts, and owner manuals as well. I think my confusion are the multiple posts with different drive types discussed and the fact that I think the previous owner has gear lube in both the transmission an torque tube as it looks smells and feels the same. So I have a the manual shuttle 4 speed, dry clutch, hi/lo drive model. I took a picture below to be sure that's what describing it correctly and placed a green square around what I think is the transmission fill and a pink circle around the torque tube fill. I assume from reading that the transmission gets 80w-90 and the torque tube gets TCH/hydraulic fluid? If correct, any issues from the previous owner using gear lube in the torque tube? Other than draining, anything I should do before outing TCH back in it? Thanks so much Jesse Rice

Replies0

No replies yet.