Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 550 Backhoe I.D.

Bigfellabikes ยท 2015-12-12 19:06

Seasons greetings all, I'm anewbie to this forum needing some assistance in identifying my Ford 550 backhoe. I've done a couple of forum searches but have not been too successful. Can anybody tell me what I have from these numbers? Serial prefix # 5MH8. Serial # B319801. Model code # DF211K. F.P.O # 417155. Engine # D269446. There is this number on a tag on the upright arm that supports the loader arm, RLM5997. Any assistance would be muchly appreciated. Cheers, Paul.

Replies4
  1. #1jimg9842015-12-12 20:40

    this comes close to 550 hope this give some insight http://www.tractordata.com/backhoe-loader/000/1/0/101-ford-555.html

  2. #2Bigfellabikes2015-12-13 00:06

    G'day jimg984, thanks for that. I've seen the similar 550 details as above but am keen to ascertain my year model...I need to replace the clutch and need to know the year for ordering of parts, there are 2 different clutch friction plates depending on early or later manufacture. I have a feeling it is an early model but need to know for sure. Cheers, Paul.

  3. #3El Hombre2015-12-14 14:45

    I suggested this earlier this year and the OP went bat**** crazy; talk to a Ford dealer? They order parts everyday, and if anyone should know, they should. Now if you've already tried the Ford dealer, ignore my suggestion...

  4. #4Bigfellabikes2015-12-14 16:05

    G'day El Hombre, funnily enough I spoke to a Ford parts supplier yesterday, not quite as useless as **** on a bull but close. I'll give a dealer a try. Cheers.