Has bought a JCB 2XC, it has full power backwards, but runs poorly foreward. When the machine is tilted the driving all gone sometimes (both forward & back). There are new hydraulic oil at the proper level. Someone who knows what it could be? Br "Swedish mate"
would this be a 2cx if so have you checked transmission fluid under the bonnet with the long dipstick which does the gearbox as it sounds as you might have transmission problem .When you say it runs poorly forward can you explain a little more .
I check the transmission fluid, it was on the stick but a little below the lowest. It's like a coupling that not grabbing when I go forward, it is a bit steep I have turn around and reverse.
Why not "top" up the oil first, its the easiest solution and then see what happens.
Are you checking it correctly , some were when running , newer stuff straight after shutdown
Also make sure the suction screen is clean. At the bottom of the transmission there is an oval plate with two M8 bolts. Remove it, all your oil will drain out. Clean with compressed air and reinstall with a new cork gasket. Fill with new 10W oil.
Tanks for all tips, I will try it out this weekend and let you know about the progress.
when you pull the strainer check the contents of the drain tray so get a clean tray before you start most problems are in the clutch packs so you would be looking for a fibre like material and any swarf like metal fragments usually mean bearing failing.Does the transmission warning light work and does it come on when changing forward to reverse . The transmission in yours I guess would have a gearstick to the right with 4 gears and a forward reverse lever on the coloum or do you have full powershift with all the gears on the stalk?
The warning light do not appear when I change from forward to reverse .(But I dont now if it work) I have 4 gears and a forward reverse lever on the coloum.
When you turn the ignition on engine off you should have the alternator symbol and a what looks like a gear symbol on and engine oil light as well all these should go out . The switch is on top of the gearbox just in front of x member for transmission.Cant remember but i think there is a plate under the matt in front of the seat not sure though if not it will be a struggle to get at.Fist thing pull strainer and have look if you find any thing take a picture and post it up .