Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 5500 Backhoe tachometer question

Scooby340 ยท 2015-12-14 23:02

Hello All, I purchased a new tach for my hoe and have found that the cable is spinning counter clockwise, which won't operate the tach.. The tach works if I spin the cable clockwise. Does anyone know if the tach drive on the diesel engine can be reversed to operate clockwise???? Hopefully I won't have to purchase a reverse running tach!!:Banghead Thanks all for any/all replies!!!!

Replies3
  1. #1Blueboy2015-12-14 23:49

    Maybe a reversing gearbox...

  2. #2jimg9842015-12-15 00:02

    will to have a tach with zero on the left side ebay 81 on the left side and change gets whole instrument cluster for counter clockwise turning cable hate those proof clocks on tach,,,,, have to turn 1674 rpms for a hour to make 1 clock hour

  3. #3jimg9842015-12-15 00:06

    could go with electronic tach,,,,sending unit mounts on one of the lines going to an injector