Good Morning All, I recently bought a Ford 5500 backhoe/loader (believe it is a late 60's model) that needs it's share of tlc... But I am up for the challenge!!!! Like many old tractors & projects, the wiring has been hacked up and most of the guages are shot. Does anyone have, or know where I can get a wiring diagram for this old beast?? I have a parts book, but it doesn't break the wiring system down enough for me to rebuild it.. THX...AL
I have wiring diagrams
GREAT!!! Would like to obtain a copy if I could? Gladly pay for it... Do you own this model backhoe?? If so I sure would like to be able to consult with you in the future? A lot of things were jury rigged on mine and I want to correct them to the way they should be as best as I can..
yes, will share wiring diagrams i have a 555A about the same as a 555
I was under the impression that the 555 & 555A are quite different than a 5500/5550?????
wiring about the same what have is the 555 wiring i dont of any 5550 number
Can't hurt to give it a shot... Anything to eliminate the spagetti mess I have now!!! THX for your time & effort!!
Hey Scooby340, I have a 5500 backhoe that I'm rebuilding. If the tach is bad on your machine, I bought one off of e-bay that was for a Massey tractor. It was a perfect fit. Biged was kind enough to steer me in the right direction for the tach. The torque converters are the weak point on those machines if they get over heated. That's what's wrong with mine. The only way the transmission oil gets cooled is through the radiator. I was planning on installing an auxiliary oil cooler on mine when I get it back together. I had talked to the people that make the converters, they said it would be OK to do that and it would not hurt the machine. The torque converters are made over in England so I would highly suggest washing out the fins on the radiator and really think about adding some way to better cool the transmission oil.
THANKS for that info Rust Farmer!!! I did plan on using Ebay and Summit Racing for my guages as I need to replace them all.... We should compare notes on our rebuilds!!! We could save ourselves some headaches & money!!!!! My trans is not the best but I am hoping that after a few good fluid flushes it will be a bit better. My main thing now is getting the wiring right!!
I will need an email address to send wiring diagrams to.....biggest trouble maker is a wiring connector going thur the firewall this is located behind a panel below the steering wheel,,, the wires work loose over a period of time,,,,,,,,,lots have jumper around the connector to keep working and windup leaving it that way
Hey Scooby340, I would be glad to share what information that I have on the 5500. There is a lot of it, I would suggest using e-mail. I have a parts manual, I'm pretty sure it has the electrical drawings in the book. The parts manual was one of the first things I bought for my machine. I'm not sure how to send a private message to give you my e-mail.
Hey Guys, I PM'd you guys my email address!! Rustfarmer, I think you should be able reply to my PM and be able to give me your email. I did get a parts manual, but it is not detailed enough. I am hoping the diagram that jimg984 sends me will do the trick!! Jimg984, so many of the wires on mine are hacked off, not to mention the panel under the steering wheel is long gone.... I sure will be glad to see that diagram!!!
ford wiring diagrams for "C" serial number prefix from 1965 to 1975 models 3400,3500,3550,4400,4500,5500,5550,
what is your serial number prefix A,B,or C There are two separate diagrams one is for prefix A&B the other is C. Isent the diagram for C prefix if you need the other prefix I can send one.
Hi Randy, THX for the reply!! I believe my serial # prefix begins with an "A"... My instrument cluster is different than the one pictured too. Could you send me the pic of that diagram?? This diagram is the most detailed so far tho. Just not the right one... THX again....AL
here are the wiring diagrams A&B versions for 1965 to 1975 ford 3400 3500 3550 4400 4500 5500& 5550
here's the A&B version wririg diagram