Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Build a Cab

smythcounty ยท 2013-10-03 12:06

Has anyone every successfully enclosed an open cab on one of their backhoes? I have an open cab 580c and was just thinking about the winter time and if anyone had an ideas about making a cab or something for it. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1lumberjack2013-10-03 12:25

    A temporary cab or a full EROPS? Temp cabs are usually made from clear plastic and bolt, zip, and/or Velcro on.

  2. #2smythcounty2013-10-03 12:56

    EIther or just looking for ideas. I thought about plexy glass for a windshield maybe?

  3. #3Randy882013-10-03 17:00

    Contact Clensing here on hef, they've done a few dresser dozers with cab enclosures, glass and doors with hinges, they look factory built. I bought one for one of my dozers mainly because I didn't have time to do it myself. Google after market cab enclosures, I don't recall the name of the place I bought mine from anymore, a local dealer got the unit for me that fit my dozer, its been over 15 years ago that I bought it. They bolt onto the rops and with a few bolts you can take them off, mine has doors that are pinned on for hinges and we just unpin the hinges and take the doors off during the summer.

  4. #4rust farmer2013-10-04 07:41

    If you want to see some home made cabs on backhoes, go to a farm consignment sale. I was at a sale a couple years ago. There was a backhoe there that had aluminum framed storm windows built into the cab. I had to go take a closer look. It looked crude but when your cold who cares.

  5. #5kshansen2013-10-04 10:57

    If you will be installing a wiper I would not be thinking about plexi even wiping with a cloth will scratch it.