I'm finding no physical way to remove the oil pan on my 555 without pulling the engine. After removing all of the bolts and trying to drop the back of the pan, it can only drop a little bit before it wedges against the transmission. The back would need to drop fully in order to slide the front end out of its position where it rests on the frame. Can anyone confirm that engine removal is necessary? The manual says it's not, but I'm stumped.
Did you have to separate the tractor first. Before taking off the oil pan please let me know
Hi. Happy to help. Thankfully you do not need to split the tractor to drop the oil pan. My issue was that I didn't realize there are 2 bolts on the front of the pan. They are kinda hidden above the front axle, so not easily seen. Once you get all the screws out the pan will come out. Just be sure to have a jack under it. It's quite heavy!
Welcome to HEF, Joseph !
Is there enough space to unscrew the two front bolts? TIA.
I bet it ain't easy!