Has anyone replaced the brake rods on their backhoe. I need to on mine already have the hoe off
You really need a service manual; scroll down thru this forum until you find the service manual 'garage sale'. Where you can find a free copy of the manual. Paper copies are on Ebay for not much money. Hope you have the hoe off for some other reason than the brakes, it's not in the way of most brake linkages....and that's a lot of work to R and R one.
You have to pull the axle housing
when people say brake rods, we think of linkage and rods work the brakes inside of housing my 555A has metal discs inside the brake housing, which inside the rear end housing, it works when pushing pedals moving steel balls between the metal discs in tampered ramps what you when you say brake rods and what do the problem seem like,, you must seem positive the problem is inside housing it may be just trying help and learn at the same time keep us posted,, others on here are lots more help
I ran equipment all my life and I can get more out of a machine than the machine should do , needless to say I used my brakes for stearing and broke both break rods over a period of time , took the hoe off to do some welding on the lower frame of the hoe