Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 555 backhoe issue

94cummins12v ยท 2018-07-23 16:07

Hey guys I have a ford 555 backhoe that has a fueling issue. Backhoe fires up but wont rev up and has no power. When I pin it it will slowly rev higher but takes 10-15secounds. It's getting fuel to the pump and I can crack the injectors and each is getting fuel while running. Qhn u crack an injector 1 at a time it will bog down and die. Even while pinning the throttle it doesn't have enough power to dig. Am I looking at a fuel pump replacement?

Replies4
  1. #1thepumpguysc2018-07-23 16:18

    You don't have to replace it.. just get it rebuilt.. I do that for a living.. send me an email. Do you have any #'s off the nameplate??

  2. #294cummins12v2018-07-23 16:24

    What would you charge to rebuild the pump. It's not my machine so it would be the other guys call. I believe a new pump he found for $450. The step I'm taking this weekend is replacing the fuel injectors, new fuel filter and backflush the fuel lines to see if that makes a difference and if it doesn't my next step would be fuel pump.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2018-07-23 16:34

    sent you a prvt msg..

  4. #494cummins12v2018-07-23 16:36

    I dont know how to access that on this forum yet