Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

R25 Euclid dump truck

Lewis12 · 2018-08-02 23:05

What is the wheel nut torque for the front tire on a r25 Euclid.

Replies6
  1. #1old-iron-habit2018-08-03 23:46

    Looking through my 220 page Euclid book I have not been able to find a R25 factory designation. I find both R22 and R27 both of which were big sellers. I do find a 25FD rear dump of which 43 were made starting in 1944. They often used R designations in sales and marketing in order to identify rear dump. Please post a picture, and if known, the year of manufacture. The F stands for 15 to 25 tons. The D stands for diesel engine.

  2. #2mowingman2018-08-04 08:27

    We had a Euclid pit truck, with the markings "R25", at a quarry I worked at in 1980. It was only a couple of years old back then. It worked alongside two R22 trucks at the quarry. However, I can not answer your question

  3. #3Jonas3022018-08-04 10:35

    https://www.volvoce.com/-/media/vol...uclid/e-r25/e-r25-22-rh-236-8807.pdf?v=yyEyPw

  4. #4old-iron-habit2018-08-04 15:49

    My book has most if not all the Euclid machines built up to 1968. Many are one of a kind that were destroyed or modified into something else. If this one is newer than 1968 I would not find it. It does not have torque specs listed anyway so probably a moot point.

  5. #5Lewis122018-08-11 17:29

    Here’s a pic just don’t know year but would like to know wheel nut torque on front axle spindle.

  6. #6Lewis122018-08-11 17:33

    It’s probably the same torque as the r22