Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 555A Dump Valve switch wiring

Kip Newell · 2022-07-28 15:23

Does anyone have the wiring for the microswitches on the end of the wobble stick and foot pedal? So far I have 12 volts on the green wires with key on at each switch. The switches appear to kill power when activated. Where do these wires go? There is a skinny wire going down to the solenoid to work the valve. Thanks for any help. Can't find d this in service manual...

Replies4
  1. #1Kip Newell2022-07-29 19:17

    I’m going to post what I have found so far in case someone runs into the same problem. I had a bad switch on the end of the loader handle which was working backwards, so pushing the switch is supposed to complete the circuit and send 12 volts. The system appears to be fused through the same circuit as the horn and RTD whatever that is. It is the lower right twist in fuse on the panel,7.5 amps. It is working properly now with the green wire hooked to the common on the foot switch and the yellow to the normally open terminal. I found an unhooked wire that the previous owner had coiled up and had hung on the right part of the bucket frame. Don’t know where it went. It has 12 volts when key is turned on and is controlled by the same fuse. Any ideas?

  2. #2Tinkerer2022-07-29 19:47

    RTD = Return To Dig. When it works properly the bucket will hit the ground level when you drop or lower the hoist. There should be a solenoid on one of the spools in the loader valve for those wires.

  3. #3Kip Newell2022-07-29 23:14

    Thanks a bunch Tinkerer. I’ll see if I can figure that out now that you got me on the right track. I might have missed that in the manuals. Thanks again.

  4. #4Kip Newell2022-07-30 06:32

    Ok this wire must have gone to the limit switch for the return to dig on the loader frame. Looks like it got ripped off at some point, can’t tell how it was set up as the pic in manual is kinda poor. Would have been nice, but doubt I’ll be able to find one….