Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 555d extendahoe

Backhoeworn ยท 2016-02-12 11:47

The lower pin on backhoe is worn and bushing is gone. Not sure of terminology, but ring is wallowed on tractor. I will probably have a pro welder with line bore install. My goal is to find adaptable parts and have all that in place and ready for the installer so as to minimize cost. I know it's expensive, but any advice in this matter is would be greatly appreciated. PS I don't want to bandade this repair!

Replies5
  1. #1Delmer2016-02-12 12:10

    What do you mean by "adaptable parts"? if you're getting it linebored, why not get the original pin and bushings from a dealer or aftermarket, and the lineborer can make it fit like new?

  2. #2Backhoeworn2016-02-12 12:33

    Because the backhoe ring is wallowed, is it built back up to accomdate a new bushing? Not sure how all this works. Just trying to get info so I can get to.the point of contacting a welder and I know what I'm talking about. I've learned that my own ignorance is directly proportional to the price. IE raked over the coals! Also need a reffered web site to buy the aftermarket parts!.Thanks Chuck

  3. #3Delmer2016-02-12 16:44

    I don't know either, just an internet expert mostly Typically lineboring builds back up to original dimensions. http://partstore.construction.newholland.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr61821ar794272 I don't know of an aftermarket supplier, maybe somebody else does? That doesn't look like there are any bushings in the swing frame, but the pin is fixed. Maybe you're talking about the pin at the base of the boom.

  4. #4El Hombre2016-02-12 16:45

    Line boring and welding is not gonna be cheap. Guys doing it know few are equipped to do it, so they charge accordingly. Youtube has some videos of the whole process that would enlighten you as to what's involved. Other issue is being able to pull the boom and then get it back on the hoe without maiming yourself. My local dealer has a big, rolling, A-frame they use to grab the boom, they also use it when splitting a tractor. Really handy, but you'd need to be in the business to justify building it. Check with your local New Holland dealer if the pieces are available. Then once you have a baseline as to cost, then go and research the aftermarket and see what they have. Ford used to have the bushings for my '73 hoe, but 8 years ago, NLA.

  5. #5El Hombre2016-02-12 16:53

    That's a really smart way to provide a pin for the boom to pivot on, with no possibility of hogging out the bushing and frame like on my Ford. You can still mess up the boom bushings, but they don't seem to wear anywhere as fast as the pins and bushings.