Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ford 555d rear axle tear down diagram needed

msllc ยท 2016-05-01 21:50

I bought this machine in an not running condition. I replaced the starter, battery, positive battery cable, both fuel filters & the fuel inside of the tank. After priming the fuel system I finally got the engine to start. Then exhaust system began to blow rust everywhere. (I was thinking the muffler might be coming apart or the cylinder walls were being scraped of rust by the piston rings.) The engine actually ran good, despite it sitting for a while. So, after I got it to run, I let it run for about an hour, then drove it to the farm. During the drive to the farm, about 18 miles, I noticed a few things that would need some attention. 1.) ENGINE: Now when I drive this machine, it has NO POWER to drive at all, even if it is in low gear range. I am having to assume that the engine has too much blow by because it leaks oil out of the breather tube & seems to smoke way too much. Can anyone help me with the engine removal procedure? Can these engines be rebuilt while still in the frame / "IN-FRAMED"?? Does this engine have cylinder liners that can easily be pressed / bored out & replaced at a machine shop? 2.) BRAKES: I only have one (RIGHT SIDE) side working & it seems to be grinding some. Does anyone have a parts diagram to help know what I am getting into on this brake repair job? Anyone have any idea of what might have come loose to make the left brake not work? 3.) HYDRAULIC POWER: This machine also exhibits very low power. It will not lift itself off of its wheels or lift any kind of load. What is the best way to determine if the hydraulic pump is bad or if the system pressure relief valve being bad or set way too low?? Is "dead-heading" the pump the only really good way to figure it out?? Are the after market pumps made with quality parts? Are they worth buying or should I stay with FORD brand parts, if it comes to that. After these few issues are handled, I am hoping to be able to put this backhoe to work to help me recuperate some of the money I know I will have to lay out. Any help with these questions will be greatly appreciated. You guys all seem to know where to start & what to do.

Replies2
  1. #1msllc2016-05-07 19:13

    bump

  2. #2El Hombre2016-05-07 19:40

    Hit the service manual swap meet on this forum. Just start scrolling thru the pages and it will be in the first couple, it always come back to the top. You really need a manual to start messing around with a hoe, I was a professional wrench and that was the first thing I bought. Ebay also has cheap manuals for sale.