I jammed a 4" dia stump between the subframe and the transmission. I took out a hydraulic line that goes into the right side of the trans. I broke off the fitting that's inside. Part of its inside the trans and part of its in the hydraulic fitting. Does anybody have experience in fixing this. Thanks for looking. This is my first post so hopefully the picture will work.
Is that a return line, which does not have a lot of pressure?
I think that's what it is. I went to a Nh dealer today and the mechanic got out a service manual but I can't tell you exactly what it was called. Can I get the peice out of the transmission without taking out the transmission. The mechanic wasn't exactly sure
Unable to say if you can or not, but my thought is if it is a return line to the pan and not under high pressure, I would think about brazing it in place. If the piece in the transmission is threaded, maybe a screw extractor or spot weld it in place so it does not move and back to brazing. Not sure just spit balling
An extractor was what I was thinking. See what come out. The mechanic wasn't sure how big the thing is. I'm sure somebody will come along in my life and say this is how you fix it. Next thing is to get it moved back down to my shop.
Looks like an O-ring in the first picture; just peaking out from under the retainer. Get the retainer off and see if the end of the hose with the O-ring is a shove fit into the case. Bet it will. There's no reason to have anything inside the trans case to hold that hose in place. And if for some strange reason they do, just pull up the metal floor and pull the top of the trans off. Then you'll have enough space to put your paw in there and fix it. My brother has a Ford row crop tractor that had some line inside the trans case, he opened the top of the trans and fixed it. I was wrestling with a huge tree stump, had it pinched against the boom and it shifted and a root broke a line fitting on the side of the boom. $50 for that one stupid piece because it was a unique part only available from Dig More....
I don't see 1/4 mile as getting any of the gears or bearings hot enough to cause trouble. But where is the oil in this system? If you start it, there's a pump somewhere that is going to start moving the oil, and with that hose loose, all over the ground. Take that retaining flange, heat it up and hammer it flat; do whatever else you need to do to get it back to shape. Then put it back together and start it and eyeball that fitting for leaks. It really doesn't look like any torn metal from what I can see in the pics. If there was something on the end of the fitting, there should be some evidence of a weld breaking or some other trauma. Do you see anything like that? New O-ring and you should be back in business.
Can you post a picture of where or what the opposite end of that hose goes to ?