Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 575D Backhoe won’t go

David Barrentine ยท 2022-11-27 19:38

I have a 1995 Ford 575D backhoe. Rats ate through the wire that goes from ignition switch to the starter. I just run a new wire and it started up and everything worked fine. So a couple days later I start it up and everything was fine. I go to change gears from 1st to 2nd and it just stopped pulling. I pulled the shuttle to reverse and nothing. No foward or reverse. All fluids look good.Has anyone had experience with this before. Any help is appreciated

Replies8
  1. #1mitch5042022-11-27 20:34

    Are you sure the 4-speed isn't stuck between gears?

  2. #2David Barrentine2022-11-27 21:30

    i can shift all 4 gears so its not stuck between gears

  3. #3aighead2022-11-28 07:09

    My standby response is is the clutch cutoff stuck (Mine sticks on the loader control)? Does it rev up when in gear but not move?

  4. #4David Barrentine2022-11-28 21:34

    I am hoping it is the clutch cutoff solenoid that is stuck and yes it revs up but goes no where

  5. #5Tinkerer2022-11-29 07:46

    There is a chance the flex plate between the flywheel and torque convertor and flywheel has failed.

  6. #6Swetz2022-11-29 08:19

    So, how did you go about this...did you hit the dump, or shift into neutral, or just attempt to shift gears with uninterrupted power?

  7. #7David Barrentine2022-12-06 21:04

    Hey guys,sorry for the delay but my Ford 575 is moving again. Rats chewed on some wires and the exposed wires shorted out and blew a 5 amp fuse that goes to the transmission shuttle valve. I replace some wires and put new fuse in and its going again. Thanks for the input everyone had and i am sure glad that I didnt have to split her.lol

  8. #8Swetz2022-12-07 06:41

    Thanks for reporting back. Glad to hear you are up and running again!!