It has been sitting for a few months and used to start easily. Now when I try to start it the pto engaged light comes on. But this backhoe doesn't have a pto. So, if anyone knows why that light would come on and if that is what is keeping it from starting, I would appreciate any help.
Good news...it started!
Welcome to the forum Texax Bob. :usa So, I guess she was just a little sleepy and didn't want to wake up eh?
I have a Ford 575D and they hydraulics on the backhoe part are acting up intermitentaly. After digging for a little bit, the levers will get a "tight" feeling to them. More on the main boom lift and the stick, but at times all of them will do it, even the stabilizer pads going up and down. When I let go of the levers, they will stay in the same position and will slowly go back to center. If I try to push them to center to stop movement, they push hard in either direction. It seems to quit for a little bit if I shut off the engine, and relieve all pressure on the levers and then start it up again. At one point all levers on the backhoe were hard to move, and nothing would move on the backhoe part. The engine sounded like it was laboring while it was doing this. At the same time, the loader would operate normaly. Filter has been changed regularly. I took the filter off the other day and cut it open to see if there were any metal shavings and it was clean. Looking for what may be causing the problem. Would appreciate any help. I am new to the site, and it will not let me post a new thread yet so that is why I am adding to this one. Thank You for your time!