Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 650 no clue

pinesd3400 ยท 2013-05-20 07:19

Replacing a gate valve last week 10'deep it ran all morning fine. Ready to backfill no start, nothing battery right up horn lights bright. Last summer new starter (not rebuilt) no clicks nothing maybe ign sw. I dont know. I cant find or feel solonoid trigger wire, so I stuck a screw driver in there Ya big spark started right up. Now the problem big time, at the shop with loader up I take all wires off starter cleaned all is good. Now start it with key perfect BUT no throttle??. Ok I may have bumped the throttle rod, it fell off the pump. I think its a Simms the rod has one of those clips used on carbruators I feel around nothing, I feel a shaft. So I guess Im looking for a bellcrank?? Magnets, mirrors nothing. All my books do not show the backside of the pump nothing in parts book, only the throttle rods and the clip. Nothing on the ground, Im screwed, cant find no pics on line. I picture a simple lever with two holes (pump shaft / throttle rod. Anyone know what it looks like thanks sam

Replies4
  1. #1pinesd34002013-05-20 07:43

    This is the closest I can find on line.

  2. #2El Hombre2013-05-20 14:59

    On a 750, the rod has a right angle bend, toward the pump, at the end of the rod. The lever on the pump has a hole the rod goes into, and the clip on that. What does the rod end look like? Forked, bent, slot cut in it?

  3. #3pinesd34002013-05-21 05:15

    Thanks, problem solved the arm was there , just my old eyes didnt see it , my kid fixed it in 2 sec.

  4. #4oceanobob2013-05-21 08:36

    I have observed sometimes what we expect to see (or not see) is quite a strong image.