Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 655D swing Cylinder seals

Amateur ยท 2023-08-30 15:43

I have a leaking swing cylinder on my 1994 Ford 655D and need seals. There seems to be seal kits available for the Ford 655C swing cylinder but not the Ford 655D swing cylinder and some of the info creates a doubt in my mind as to whether or not the Ford 655C swing cylinder is identical to the Ford 655D swing cylinder. Does anyone know if the swing cylinders on a Ford 655C are identical to the Ford 655D swing cylinders ?

Replies2
  1. #1Dave Neubert2023-08-30 16:18

    A good hydraulic shop can match up the seals

  2. #2Amateur2023-08-30 17:21

    Right now I cannot remove the cylinder because one of the jacking bolts to remove the flange (see previous diagram) has sheared off. Therefore I will have to remove the cylinder and remove the existing seals from the headstock/gland while in situ, so depending on the condition of the existing seals I wonder if it will be possible to match them up.