Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

old case backhoe paint?

DaniZ ยท 2023-08-30 13:12

Hello!! I think that I may get to color up my "Casey" when I'm done with the repairs this time! Is there an inexpensive original yellow, gallon of pre mixed sprayable paint still available? 1978 580B CK I'm not as patient as I once was with all the fine tuning of ingredients. It has a variety of colors now, but would like original if possible. Also have a bad hose to one of the steering cylinders, hoping for an aftermarket contact? Thanks!!

Replies5
  1. #1edgephoto2023-08-30 15:38

    Not sure of the color but Tractor Supply sells a "Case Yellow". Maybe?

  2. #2franklin22023-08-30 20:01

    I was thinking about taking a piece of my Case and going to the hardware store and get them to match it with a latex made for metal. The latex would be very easy to paint with a sprayer. And it actually would hold up better and fade less than a oil base paint. But it would not be super slick and shiny like a oil base paint would be. Not worried about that myself.

  3. #3joe--h2023-08-30 21:02

    This guy can help you

  4. #4DaniZ2023-08-31 14:12

    Wow! Now that's some talent!!!

  5. #5Mike Hupka2023-08-31 15:14

    I bought a can of the "Case" yellow spray paint from Tractor Supply to see how it was and then read online about some people who went and got it color matched at their local Ace hardware and could buy it much cheaper. I picked up a gallon for my sprayer from my local Ace of their store brand paint for $42 and spray cans for $9 each on sale which was $6 or $7 less than the rattle cans from TSC. It hasn't been on very long so I can't comment on the longevity but since I just use my 580B for working around our property I think it'll be ok for awhile.