Have a guy called me asking opinions on a Ford A-62 loader on auction. I know nothing about them, other than they have a 2-speed and a Ford engine.
He bought the loader today. I talked to the owner and it sounds like it should be a decent machine. I know parts are getting hard to find. Anybody know the bad stuff on these?
So from what I remember the A62 used a TT2000 Allison transmission. They are known to have a few issues, overrunning clutch is weak link, splines stripping, pump pickup tubes leaking air, and the like. Engines are ok. Parent bore blocks are a bit pricey to rebuild. The brakes were a known weak point, like most loaders of that time period. They are inboard brakes so require extensive work just to get to. The brake cylinders are a bit funky too. I’m pretty sure some of the ford 5000 tractor axle parts are the same.