Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford backhoe 575d will not start

Fordguy4 ยท 2014-06-27 22:42

Hi, I'm new to the site and needing some help. I have a 95' ford 575d backhoe that cranked fine the last time I used to clean up some woods area. Today it will not turn over and I noticed on battery side of under carriage there is a wire with male and female plug hanging down. On starter side under cab area there are two more wires hanging that appear to be old, cracked and chewed up. I assumed these wires went together but arced when i tried. Has anyone pulled wires loose working in brush before . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1Delmer2014-06-27 23:04

    I don't know fords, but first check the fuses, then check if your neutral switch got unplugged by brush. Probably an electrical plug on the transmission near the shifter.

  2. #2Fordguy42014-06-27 23:19

    Thanks. I will get out therein the morning and check it over good. I will let you know if I can figure it out.