hi I have n/a 3208 in truck.behind the waterpump is casting that has all sorts of ports and the main radiator hoses are connected to it as well. behind it are two 1 3/4 pipes going into each head. these appear to be friction fit with maybe an o-ring. anyhow they are both slowly dripping. just enough to continually have to add coolant. any ideas on what I can do?thanks actually id like to know how they are attached as well any input appreciated.
Ugh. I had almost forgotten. It's just a tube with orings at each end. I vaguely remember the tube being plastic. There is ridge on the tube that you put your special tool against to remove it. There is no easy way to fix this and you have my sympathy.
thanks. I did some research and you are correct, no easy way. seems the heads are the way to go but im going to go for the front cover because it doesn't smoke. thanks again.
typically when I get a new/used pickup I get a vat of used oil and roofin tar mixed together and boilin then spray the underside of the truck. I currently have the seats out of this ford and am going to preserve it in this manner. my question is, when choosing a floor liner for the cab should I be concerned about flammability for legal and safety reasons?
my battery box/storage box is a cob job. I want to clean it all up by installing the batteries in the storage container. is there any laws requiring me to have a tool box? I know there are required items like markers and what not, but theres plenty of room in cab
I rolled a truck and when it was going over i was thinking i would be killed by the 12ton jack or the small tool box that was seting in the floor.I ended up half way out with the cab ontop of me. I allways wonder if i would have had stayed in the cab if something would have hit me in the head and killed me. A friend of mine was hurt when he was in a wreck and a can of beans hit him that he had just bought at the store.I hate to haul any thing in the cab that could hurt me when it is moveing at high speed.I wouldnt take a chance on stuff being straped in the cab.
Thanks Doug, it gives me more to think about. im already into the process but I think I will steal another underbody box from something else and find a clean spot for it.
I have opportunity to get Rockwell 9 speed model #RMX9145B1F001 from ford 9000 with straight 6 cat. if this change over is doable from the 5+2 would I still make use of the 2 speed rear? and would it significantly boost the overall performance? thanks