I let my tags on my pickup expire. There is no late fee on them and i have 2 pickup so when they expire after the first of the year i dont renew them till i need it agin. This is my slow time so if i can i weight till the first quarter is up and they prorate them. So last night i drove it to town to save a trip back to get it today so i could get it inspected. For some resone a HP was on a back street in town and spoted me. I told him what i was doing and he told it would how i could pay the fine $95.00.
That is Missouri , I did nearly the same thing 1 week over and busted . Tags where danged expensive that year
Pay your tags and stop trying to give the state the bone. You know there do,pay them on time and you won't have any problems.
Just doing my part in keeping the Mo HP going.