Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford engine diagnostic kit needed F8JL-6K947-AA

tool_king ยท 2020-11-30 21:09

Does anyone happen to have old Ford engine diagnostic kit laying around .Part number F8JL-6K947-AA .This is used on the old ford LRG 425 engines used in Genie and JLG boom lifts they would like to sell. This uses a flat six pin weather pack plug to connect to engine harness. thanks Ed

Replies10
  1. #1tool_king2020-12-06 17:28

    The cable will be FOR498-042 interface cable

  2. #2bigjon642020-12-17 16:07

    Im watching. I am working on jlg 400S the engine electrical is giving me fits, Good luck Tool King

  3. #3gasser0012025-03-07 20:15

    I'm also working on a ford LRG-425 EFI that's running super rich and looking for the Ford F8JL-6K947-AA KIT. Does anybody have one for sale?

  4. #4tool_king2025-03-08 22:01

    The software and interface are almost non existent anymore . gasser001 you need the books ? I can email you them .

  5. #5gasser0012025-04-16 14:16

    Thanks Tool King, I got the the Diagnostic service manual, but trying tho get the MIL light to display any logged malfunction does not work. I asked before if the map sensor would make it run rich if it malfunctioned and was told yes, so I bought one and that didn't do it. I also replaced the two temp senders by the coolant intake and that didn't work either. I was given this machine as the previous owner gave up trying to repair it. I'd like to get it running right as I have a tree trimming project on my property and this is the perfect equipment to do it, if it was running right. Does anyone know of another that was running rich and what was done to get it to work properly?

  6. #6bccat2025-04-16 23:20

    Did you try Genie and JLG, I was a Tech with United retired 12yrs ago, you could have a vacuum leak . Found that problem on a number of the older machines, cheers

  7. #7gasser0012025-04-17 17:19

    I replaced the map sensor and the two temp sensors on the engine, but it still runs rich to where the exhaust fumes burn you eyes. I was going to try the o2 sensor next, although it runs rich from a cold start before the o2 sensor can heat up. Wouldn't a vacuum leak cause it to run lean?

  8. #8gasser0012025-04-17 17:21

    Also, when turning the key to on, the MIL blinks an 11 which means that there is no problems with the monitored sensors.

  9. #9gasser0012025-05-12 18:50

    I'm back trying to figure out why my Genie lift with a Ford LRG-425 runs rich. I've replaced the engine coolant sensor, the coolant temperature sensor, the MAP sensor, and the fuel pressure regulator. The MIL blinks a code 11 which says there is no fault code for the monitored items. There's the intake temperature sensor that I haven't replaced but this engine runs rich from the first start up cold and never leans out. It produces rich black smoke in any rpm at any engine temperature. Has anyone have this problem and repaired it? If so, what was done to remedy this situation.I hope someone can help me, I need to use it like yesterday.

  10. #10gasser0012025-06-30 14:55

    To the tech at zuma sales, thanks for your tips, I pulled the fault code using the MIL with the self test grounded to the battery and I got a 1,2,3 blinks over and over, but all the DTCs are in double digits, so I don't know what the 123 DTC means.