I ask about this in the forklift fourm. I am rebuilding the 2 small cylinders on the mast that has 3 cylinders 1 big and 2 small long cylinders that are plumed together 1 had seals that looked normal the other has the same seals but the one on the piston is upside down from the other cylinder and its upside down from what i have seen in the past. Should i put the new like this or like it normally gos with the lip to the presser aginst the presser.This cylinder is used to push but its shaft rod is hollow and has a line going in the bottom and one going into the hollow rod.
Is that a one way, push only cylinder? or is it a tilt cylinder for the forklift mast that's two way, pushes and pulls back also?
I'm guessing one of those lines carries the oil on to the third cylinder? If this cylinder is push only, then I would think the seal should be lip to pressure. That does look upside down.