Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford Excavator

iceberg210 ยท 2013-04-16 11:17

Hadn't ever seen one of these before, Heard they were from a European company Ford bought named Reicher from France. Anyone know any about these beasts? I literally was shocked to see it had to get off the highway and nab a picture, while I thought I knew obscure excavators I'd never run into a Ford before.... Kind of looks like a ** or International from that vintage.... Although that might be more a European style than anything....

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies11
  1. #1Steve Frazier2013-04-16 12:13

    Thanks for your efforts!! I've never seen one either. That's some nasty looking terrain there, is that typical of the area?

  2. #2iceberg2102013-04-16 12:15

    It's in Idaho, Idaho has a lot of old lava flows, and this one is located in a rock pit for lava rock apparently (big sign says ROCK FOR SALE), also a Thomas forklift (which looks to me like a rebadged Lift All) and a International TD6 looks like in the rock pit... Lava isn't typical of Southern Idaho but it sure isn't atypical... Turns out I mispelled the original French Company, Richier, don't know if that really helps any though lol

  3. #3langehaas2013-04-16 13:37

    Here is some information on Richier. http://technique-tp.leforum.eu/t71-RICHIER-FORD.htm According to this they were bought by Ford, they sold it to Poncin and then it was shut down..?

  4. #4iceberg2102013-04-16 17:57

    Found this from Tractors Wikia Although it could have been sold back to Poncin, unless you mean Poclian which I could see that too.... Thanks so much for the information and for the link to that forum, registered there, and can't wait to get activated to ask a few more questions on them like what sort of pumps and engines they used... I'd almost assume Ford engines, but I'd be more inclined to think Perkins like the ** excavators... Any help is greatly appreciated... Again can't wait to be on that forum, I'm guessing you are? Hopefully people pardon my French which while never great was better back when I was fresh off taking 6 years of it and not five years removed from the last time I worked on it lol Thanks again for the information!

  5. #5langehaas2013-04-17 02:13

    You're welcome. I'm not on that forum, I saw your post and (wrongly!) assumed you didn't speak french so I looked it up. Good luck with your quest!

  6. #661BG2013-04-17 11:04

    langehaas : Do you know if Richier made the Ford A series wheel loaders as well? Ive heard that they were Not an actual Ford produced product.

  7. #7millercross32013-04-17 11:27

    woo hooo for Ford excavators, wish they had the double boom cylinder instead of single, otherwise if I could have found one I'd be the proud papa of owning one I sure like the heck outta my A64 loader. It looks like they have the exact cylinders and the engine I'm sure is the same. (why change a good thing) BRAVO FORD! too bad they just didn't have the $$$ backing and the popularity backing. Is that why they no longer exist? Did they ever make dozers and other sorts of heavy equipment.

  8. #8skadill2013-04-17 11:49

    Ford Heres a couple youtube video on these things http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfPTiRxC_wU and another http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SlChY32MPs

  9. #9langehaas2013-04-17 12:43

    61BG: Sorry, I don't know anything besides what I read on that link I posted It is mentioned there that Ford only produced tractors and that they came with a line of wheel loaders after taking over Richier. There's a picture on there with a Ford A62, 64 and 66, but no picture of the same type branded as Richier, so who knows...

  10. #10cjplanthire2013-04-19 15:24

    I know a bit about them per richer they were oleomat and manufactured in Paris France The offices are still open and parts are available Some machines ran a ford engine not a great option as they tended to overheat and lacked power Other models had a Perkins 4108 engine again not the best engine I have seen some of these machines with a 6.354 conversion which was a huge success After ford stopped making machines fiat allis and fiat hitachi was the companies next venture followed by fiat kobelco and then new holland kobelco Hope that helps

  11. #11Maola2013-04-19 19:04

    had a h44 it had the same engine as the ford 7610 turbo it had good power heavy machine