Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford F800 Vin decode

LoneStarGulfCoast ยท 2021-11-11 17:57

1991 Ford f800 crane truck diesel 1FDPK84P6MVA11C85 Can anyone decode this for me? google/online results are not working well so far. Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1RenoHuskerDu2021-11-11 19:15

    Did you try the FTE decoder? https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/vindecoder.php Ford sold its vehicle-specific data, so you have to pay a 3rd party now if you want details, but the FTE decoder will list a lot of useful info. If your truck was upfitted after it was built by Ford, that exact data is unlikely to exist anywhere but at the shop that fitted the crane etc. My 1999 F550 is only listed, for example, as a 4door 4wd chassis cab of 176" wb. Where in fact it was lengthened to 200" when the tool bed and crane were fitted to it by a Stahl dealer.

  2. #2LoneStarGulfCoast2021-11-12 15:50

    Thanks Reno, I gave it a try and got a good amount of data from there, but not able to get too deep into the vin before the data ends. I went ahead and signed up for the ford-truck forum and there is a guy on there who has the resources to decode the entire thing. Thanks again!

  3. #3RenoHuskerDu2021-11-12 20:58

    There are quite a few good old guys there in the subforums. The late model truck forums have largely degenerated into discussions about which wax and oil brand is best, etc. Useful tech content is thin but word volume is high. I've been there since 2000. Some huge investment bank bought FTE, God knows why, and now admins are quick to ban you for anything political. I spend more time now on smaller specialist forums like this one. Glad you found what you wanted. I told my son, pro mechanic, your story of woe and he just shook his head. We all drive older vehicles now that have few or no electronics. Not liking all this computer business. My 2018 F350 was capable of tracking everywhere I go and how fast I drive. No thank you, I sold it.