Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford L9000 no door tag

Digindirt17 · 2023-05-12 21:38

I purchased a 1997 L9000 triaxle dump recently and there is no door tag, how can I find out what the axles are rated for?

Replies7
  1. #1skyking12023-05-12 22:41

    Look for tags on the axles themselves. Do you have a VIN anywhere? Maybe one of the good Ford dealers can help you with the tag info. I have a 1992 L9000 so it is likely to have different parts.

  2. #2cfherrman2023-05-12 22:53

    Load it till she's full then go a little more, that's probably close enough

  3. #3Steve Frazier2023-05-13 12:32

    Like skyking suggested, check the axles for ID tags that should help. If they're missing post photos of the axles and I bet one of our members will be able to identify them.

  4. #4Shimmy12023-05-13 14:13

    Purchased without a title? Title will have a VIN.

  5. #5Truck Shop2023-05-14 20:23

    More than likely 40-145 Rockwell, Ford normally spec'd with Rockwell drives only seen a few with Eaton, if so 404's. IWG.

  6. #6Digindirt172023-05-14 21:50

    I have a title, just no axle weight GVWR tag VIN-1FDYU90XXVVA19296, would love to find someone to decipher and get a build sheet, it has Rockwells and I’d, think an 18,000 front, I have a L9000 single which has a 12,000 front and this one’s twice the size

  7. #7Truck Shop2023-05-15 10:22

    That's a Rockwell front drive, should say --*145, 44,000 lb axle.