Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford LRG-425 EFI Crank No Start

Nathan Denne ยท 2020-01-17 08:50

Hello everyone. New to the forum and have done quite a bit of reading in the past till now. I searched for my issue on the site and couldn't find anything that runs right along with this problem. I have a American Lincoln 7760 sweeper/scrubber with a Ford LRG-425 EFI gas W/propane upfit. Long story short is someone left the key on accessory overnight and came in the next morning to a dead battery. This machine ran flawless beore the dead battery. They attempted to jumpstart it, but would not start. It has a crank/no start condition, and is not getting spark. No voltage to the coilpack either. The engine has an engine performance module with a black and a grey plug. That is the main controller for the unit. I cannot find a good wiring diagram for the engine or the pin out for the ECM plugs. I also cannot find a troubleshooting guide within the shop manual for troubleshooting ignition related problems on this thing. Ive reached out to a few Ford industrial distributors with little luck, other than a shop manual which I already have. Any help is appreciated!!!

Replies4
  1. #1MarshallPowerGen2020-01-17 09:03

    Sounds like you need the 194-303 Engine Service Manual, it has all the schematics and ohm readings for testing the ignition system. It's available online with a search (the PDF on Twinslan is real) or I can email it if needed.

  2. #2Nathan Denne2020-01-17 09:48

    I have that manual, problem being is the pinout for the EPM is not there nor is a troubleshooting guide for the ignition system. This is printed at the bottom of the ignition section of the manual "Refer to separate publication on electronic fuel injection (EFI) systems for information on that system." but I cannot find anything relating to that unfortunately. I'm leaning towards a fried EPM but do not want to order one with a proper diagnosis.

  3. #3Nathan Denne2020-01-17 10:12

    Well I did some more research. I think the manual I need is Ford 194-306 or JLG 3124114. Still searching with no luck, hopefully someone has one of these they can share. Thanks!

  4. #4Nathan Denne2020-01-17 12:18

    And here it is. Finally found it for anyone interested. https://csapps.jlg.com/OnlineManual...8hSSsKVCCC0pdYPyIm8rYdV1v3OEM1heG-DYmtw37efO0