I have a 2001 ford LRG-425F engine and would like a schematic for the ignition control module the 24 pin type. # 1U-1L-12a297-DA The engine cranks sometimes and when it does start it shuts off after 15 seconds. Also looses power at the starter you have to turn the engine start selector on and off. Thanks
The only schematic I can find is for 42 pin model. Did you type that number 24 correctly?
Yes the update module is only 24 pin. If you google it by part number you will see in the picture. Thanks you
Part #1U-1L-12A297-DA
What machine is this engine in?
A 2001 Terex TB-60 boomlift , dual fuel. Thanks
So this is a DIS with the carburetor not an EFI engine, correct?
This is all I seen
And this
I've done this update before, this is what I was looking for, can't seem to locate my manual. I don't think that I have ever seen a pin/harness schematic for the update.
OP, you said 24 pin, but I know the 1U1L-12A297-DA and it has the black and red 23 pin connector with the middle row shorter than the top and bottom. Is this the connector you have?
I have part # 1U1L-12A297-DA the info I have states it is a 24 pin on the module.. from a local ford guy. Thanks
The parts guy told me it was 24 pins, here is the picture they send maybe its 23 cant see it well in the picture. Thanks
It is a Ford LRG-425F engine. carburetor with a distributor
I can't find diddly on the internet about this controller. Check out this thread for the same controller on a V6. Most of the pins will be similar to yours. https://www.smokstak.com/forum/thre...rd-engine-control-computer-connection.218300/ I believe I have software for it and can lend you a cable. But my software never worked on the one I take care of. Just refused to connect as if nothing was there. I have successfully used the same rig on other units. It is called FPP display. Maybe EDI or Pitt or Northern Power can give you more info on how to program them. I would like to find out what is wrong with my setup before I really need it so lending it out might help get the kinks worked out.
I'm a bit confused. The controller shown is for a DIS system (distributorless ignition system) but you say it has a distributor, am I missing something?
I missed that detail. The one I have installed on a generator is a 1U1L-12A297-BA . It is a V6 Ford engine with DIS. It would not surprise me if they did something like use pin 2, 3, and/or 6 to drive a single coil via the distributor, or simply let a distributor do its own thing. Although all of these units I have seen back to the early 90s had DIS.
Also looking for a Zenith carb # AR2-264-RP
I have a ford gas engine, put a tack on it and it did not lose the tach, removed the carb the choke was frozen shut along with the electric choke was frozen also. Removed the carb it was filled with bad gas, the customer wanted to rebuild the carb himself so I got him a kit, but it did run on propane. Also the ignition had the updated ignition 24 pin module . Make sure your not losing the tach when it stops running.
Ironically I'm also working on a 98 terex tb60 with the same miserable engine. I have a question regarding the old 10 pin universal ignition system.... Seeing as it has 2 banks of coils for a wasted spark system.... How does it know where the engine is if it only has a crank sensor and no cam sensor Mine runs but poorly, even after the carb was rebuild. My guess is either weak spark (backfire through exhaust and intake) or timing is off somehow. (I've verified the timing belt is spot on)
It doesn't need to know where the engine is, wasted spark fires one on top of compression and one on top of exhaust at the same time.
Yes but there are 2 banks of coils. One for 1+4 and another for 2+3, Call them bank 1 and 2, if it starts firing on bank 1 when it's at the bottom of the intake stroke, won't that be firing 180 degrees out of phase? Unless it starts on bank 2 this hurts my head. I'm sure it's simple.
Pistons 1+4 move up and down at the same time and 2+3 also move up and down together. So when 1 is on top of exhaust, 4 is on top of compression and it sparks them both, and 4 fires. Then it sparks 2+3, same thing, one is on comp and other is on exh. Then it sparks 1+4 again, this time it is 1's turn to actually fire and 4 is on exh, and so on.
Absolutely that all makes sense. However how does it know when cranking to fire 1 and 4 instead of 2 and 3 banks
I don't know the answer to that specifically. If it is like other cars of that era it will have a tooth wheel with a missing tooth on the crank that tells the computer where it is in the cycle and then fire the correct pair every 180 degrees.