Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford-New Holland Yellow Paint

NH575E ยท 2020-07-08 19:02

Anybody found a match for the yellow paint on a 555E, 575E, 675E, backhoe?

Replies10
  1. #1Swetz2020-07-09 06:40

    NH575E, I did purchase a quart of paint from the dealer. I sprayed a step that I replaced with it. I think it is the correct color, but the tractor is faded (being 20 years old). My dealer looked it up with the serial number. I am in NJ now.When I go back to my place in PA I will let you know the part number.

  2. #2NH575E2020-07-09 08:42

    I found a dealer on eBay that looked mine up by serial number. Apparently the color changes in 2000. My machine was built 4/98 and in service 1/99. The numbers and prices he gave me was: Spray Can: M5771ASE5DS - $11.50 Quart: M5771ASE2DS - $22.25 Gallon: M5771ASE3DS - $74.25 Unfortunately the shipping is as much as the paint.

  3. #3NH575E2020-07-09 21:57

    I decided that OEM paint was a waste of time for my old ragamuffin of a machine. I bought a can of 2X Rustoleum Golden Sunset. Looks like school bus yellow.

  4. #4Tinkerer2020-07-09 22:24

    A person could buy an OEM spray can then have a gallon or two tinted to match at a paint store.

  5. #5Swetz2020-07-10 06:47

    NH575E, Let us know how close it matches. As I said, mine was close, but not exact. I think it was more cuz of the fading. In the future (once I get my garage) I may do more painting on my machine. To Tinkerers point, If you had a small piece of the painted surface, you could have some mixed. The step is only 4 bolts, if you could take that, they certainly could match it....just another thought.

  6. #6NH575E2020-07-10 07:34

    The Rust-Oleum is not close at all. I'm pretty sure the factory paint wouldn't be any closer on my machine. That's why I decided not to worry about it.

  7. #7JAKES.2020-07-11 08:24

    Hi everybody. When i painted my ford industrial loader i used Napa house brand ( Martin Senor?) the color is a toyota color from the 70's called starfire yellow. I thought i resembled the old ford paint shade of memory; i am not sure i nailed the match but i like it .

  8. #8DMiller2020-07-11 08:37

    NH Equipment yellow reminds me of the old Allis HE Yellow, brighter than Cat or Deere, this is the Cover Panel Hidden OE Color of my HD7G.

  9. #9Swetz2020-07-18 09:02

    NH575E, I know you already went another route, but here is the paint that the dealer sold me. Your numbers are very different. I am not sure if yours is a different color. My tractor was manufactured in 1999, and purchased in January 2001. I cannot find my receipt for the paint, but I want to say it was less than $25. I have also included a pic of the grey color that is on the tractor. The last pic is of the step I painted with the paint. I also painted the bottom section of the fuel tank. If you look close, you can see the line on the tank where I taped it off. I painded the bottom section because the paint was peeling and rusting. Matches peaty well but the tractor is faded, I figure a year from now it will match exactly . What year was yours again? When I looked up the part number on ebay, it said this color is good 1999 on.

  10. #10NH575E2020-07-18 09:12

    My machine was built in April 98. Messicks says the part numbers I got were for Industrial equipment 81-99 so I guess 99 is the split.