Hi everyone, I soon will go to an auction organized by a city nearby. I saw that they offer 3 trucks. One is an Inter 20S 1991 automatic with very low milage. The second one is also an Inter automatic, but a 1989 with 265 418km on it. Body ok, but some rust on the dump box. Finally the third truck is a ford L9000 1989 manual with 196 090km on it. Some rust also, but somewhat less than the second Inter. I don't know yet the engine the box lenght and so on. I find the Ford more attractive and convenient, but I know that Inter trucks are pretty decent too. I want a 10 wheelers to work on the farm, pull a trailer to move my PC 75 excavator from a place to another and so on. In our area, there are plenty of hills. Any of you guys have an idea of which truck I should bid the most on?:beatsme
I go with a manual truck if there is alot hills. Kyle
Thank you. Hi to new-brunswick people Dany
I've driven both, I really prefer the Ford from a driver's standpoint. The Ford is much more comfortable and the dash is laid out better for driver information. The Internationals may have the 466IH engine depending on what model they are. They are a good reliable engine, but they won't have the horsepower that the Ford 9000 will have. That truck will have a Cummins, Caterpillar or Detroit Diesel in it. If you're pulling an excavator that may be a concern, but for working around the farm you may find the automatic more convenient
Update, the auction was last saturday. I went to see the trucks on friday. Very disapointed with the body of the ford. This truck did a lot of snow plowing and was pretty much rusted. PTO did not engaged, stucked in the rust. A lot of body work to do to make the truck right. It also had a hole in the box. However the mecanic was fine. I figured that I would bid up to 5k$. It went out at 6.5k$. Finally, I'm glad i was outbidded. The inter 1991 was ok in terms of body. It seems to have air leak somewhere, since 3 brake strokes were sufficient to initiate the air low pressure brake. It also only had a 13 feet lenght dump box. It only had 73 000 km wich is very little but had over 7000 hours on the counter. Therefore, this truck iddled a lot. Anyway, Ifigured it was worthed max 10k$. I did not bid on it, because I had made up my mind on the ford. It went out at 17k$ wich I figure is much too high for this 1991 truck. At that price, looking at classified, one can have a much more younger/decent truck IMO. I am back looking for a deal. I will update when I find something Dany