Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford payloader transmission

Weldfixer ยท 2026-02-24 22:24

Anybody Know How to remove that Allison Transmission from a A 66 Ford payloader ? Do you have to remove that entire seat assembly. I have the engine removed for repair and would like the transmission repaired because it tis weak. Thanks Weldfixer.

Replies3
  1. #1steve wherley2026-02-27 10:32

    I have did a ford but do not remember. On case and allis we drop out bottom jack up left side remove wheel and drag it out on the floor.

  2. #2Weldfixer2026-02-27 12:12

    Thanks so much for the reply! I have the A 66 ford. My service manual says take out engine and transmission together out the back. I removed the seat and air box under it to get clearance. Motor has been removed. So that can make it tricky. I am having an outfit in South Carolina rebuild it for me I have heard of guys digging a hole under loader. lower tranny into hole Then moving loader That transmission is used in case and JD also. Allison TT2421-1 Have any experience with those ?

  3. #3steve wherley2026-02-27 15:10

    Yes rebuilt many in case,also trojan, allis and 1 in ford