Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wa320-1

bcmorse ยท 2026-02-24 06:29

Just purchased wa320-1 machine. Oil was coming out tranny vent. Around 5 gallons overfull. Previous owner said brakes had to be pumped to work. I'm finding 15 pumps on brakes and tank empty. No external leak. Would i be correct assuming master cylinder leaking inside tranny over a long time?? If so advice to rebuild?.ps I bought this for my new home project and its on a hill. Thanks in advance

Replies1
  1. #1John C.2026-02-24 20:57

    How many hours on this machine? Oil coming out of the tranny was usually a leaking hydraulic pump shaft seal. Check your hydraulic oil level and if low you will have to start pulling and dismantling hydraulic pumps. As I recall the brakes on those had their own reservoir and used internal wet disks. Some got the brake oil directly from the hydraulic tank. Oil leaking from the disks pistons leaked into the axles. Check axle oil levels and one or both can have leaking brake pistons.