Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford Sickle clogging up problem

pelican007 ยท 2014-07-04 22:16

HAve a 6-7ft old Ford Sickle having a lot of problems with the ends getting clogged up any advice? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Tradesman2014-07-04 22:23

    You need a good dividing board , your guards and sections need to be sharp and your end section should be a section and a half (end section )

  2. #2MEK2014-07-04 22:30

    It could be a couple different things. Travel speed to fast, dull knife, grass wet and tangled. I had the same problems back when I used a sickle bar haybine and got tired of plugging so I bought a disk bar mower. I don't know how they put up with it in the old days.

  3. #3Delmer2014-07-04 23:04

    Plus it doesn't hurt to have the "hold downs" (or whatever they're called) bent down snug. Any chance you could post a pic of the sickle bar with the board and inner end?