Have got the baler to tie off now but it is making the bales around 14" long only. Have tried to adjust the cog that measures the bales but if I touch it starts not tieing & the needles come up with every rotation of the balance wheel.
Sounds like the catch dog isn't stopping the knotter shaft from turning. The spring might be broke.
MEK got it. If the 14-18 inch bail makes it to the kicker it misses the wagon by a mile.
LMAO.... I'm Sorry, but that there's funny shrit. Ed
Dang farmers, LOL.... (ducking!)
Hi Pelican' Did you get your baler functioning? I bought one last fall for $50 bucks (having to cut it out of a boxelder forest, and battle about 400 wasps), new tires and about 15 hours freeing the ol' turd up. Now I am days away from trying it (it hasn't processed any hay yet). Regrettably, nearly every one I encounter says the knotters are crap. Worse, the only photo I have of my dearly departed uncle is of him wrenching on a old #46 like mine! (I think the knotter killed him.) Has anyone had a good experience on these? Any advice/thoughts are appreciated - thanks, Mark
My brother has 2 of them. Needs two to keep one working. The only way his will tie consistently is if he using the fattest twine he can find. He also runs his engine at 200 rpm below PTO speed. Cenex is about the fattest around here but still thinner than the old International twine.
Thank you Old-Iron-Habit for the reply and detail! Pardon me for knot knowing (no pun intended), but is Cenex sisal or poly twine??? I don't have a tach that works, so I'll try different/slower operating speeds - again, good to know. So, based upon your brother's experience, simply the thicker twine the better (either or both sisal or poly)?? Anyone else have thoughts on this, much appreciated! Thanks, Mark
Dad owned one of those when I was a teen. more trouble than it was worth. We never used it again after we got a New Holland 269. Ive still got the books on it someplace. I cut that headache up and sold it for scrap about 4 years ago.
yes I have an old hayliner and it only ties big viscel twine, don't like the big plastic. Not sure on spelling of that twine, LOL.