Anyone have any info on older Ford wheel loader. A friend of mine wants to sell me his A64 at a fair price, but I would like some opionons first
Run! RUN ! Run FAST................Don't look back! :usa
It's always so tough to figure out what Don really means.
Ford loaders are not the best but if you need a smaller loader they are okay. The highways dept used to used Ford loaders alot I think because they were cheap and if they blew up junk it and go buy another. Depending on the condition anything from 5000-10,000 would be fair price you won't get much more for them.
just what is a "fair price"? go to www.machinerytrader.com click on auction results, click on wheel loaders, ford, a64...........it will give you auction results of what they've brought at recent sales, will give you a good idea what they're worth
you never know what the porpose is. there is a company in town that makes baskets they bought a michagan loader so old it doesnt artickulate? anyway they brought it back to life i asked why he said he is sick of paying 5-10k a year for snow plowing and removal its been working for 3yrs now
Buddy of mine has an A62 with over 20,000 hrs. Works good and is very dependable.
Welcome to HEF backhoe1! :drinkup
just and update.... I went for it. Also note it is an A66. She is running like a champ and doing more then expected. She will be great for pushing snow. I have a 16foot box coming in, in a few weeks.
I just bought an A66 I bought a project - A66 with a bad motor. It has been indoors most of it's life scouping corn, so the tires are worn out and it's on it's 2nd transmission (recent). I need to find a door (will an A64 RH door fit?) and I'm going to see about fixing the engine today. I need to determine if I can sleeve the cracked cylinder (it fills the crankcase quickly with water now) or find a dt466or similar to stick in place of the 401 (any hints on the location of a cheap 401 would be great). This will be for farm use, so it doesn't have to be perfect though I have bought a cheap set of used tires with some tread to replace the bald tires. I had a versatile 256 bidirectional that I successfully bought for 18K 3 yrs ago and sold for $9K yesterday - it had lots of little things wrong that didn't prevent us from using it, but don't impress buyers. The 256 was an alright loader if a little small, but it was never enough to lift heavy things around the farm. The a66 is bigger than I'd like (not as easy to store), but I'll have around $4000 or less in it when I'm done and for that price I'll find a place to put it. I'd appreciate any tips (maybe not the run run fast tips since it's a little late for that) Thanks, Pat
Had an A66 on the dairy farm that I work on when I was in school, bought 22 years ago, it was a good machine then, we used it to load fertilizer, push manure off of the cow lots and to push and stack silage in the inground silos.I was about 17 at the time but it was light years ahead of the old john deere 544 that we burnt up.
Engine swap for A66 - need some flywheel help Like I posted earlier my A66 has issues and after pulling the head I can see that the #4 cylinder has a pretty long vertical crack, a broken rod and piston. I don't know if there is any crank damage also. All the cylinders have a pretty good lip so it's time for a rebuild of some sort, so it's going to be more than a few bucks for a sleeve, piston and rod - at least $800 for a kit. So... it gets close to another option which is to put an IH DT360 engine in it ($1000 with radiator, starter, alternator). It's coming from a truck so the fuel pump won't quite be right, but probably good enough for farm work. The biggest issue is mating the allison torque converter to the flywheel on the dt360. The ford engine appears to have a flywheel instead of a flexplate - is this normal on loaders? Any experience would be appreciated. Thanks, Pat
I have just joined the forum so am not allowed to post new threads as of yet. Just found the forum about 6 months ago and have really enjoyed the information here. I have a small business with an A62 Ford loader that I'm looking to update. I found a Hyundai loader that kind of fits the bill. Does anyone know anything about Hyundai? Parts availability, reliability etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated.