Hey guys, thanks for your help and input on the past things I've asked about. :drinkup Now I have another one for a school project. I have to give a speech about foreign equipment imports into North America, mainly agricultural, but earthmoving is also acceptable. I need to research the pros and cons about equipment (Asian and European) so I thought I would ask the operators and owners on the front lines about it. If anyone also has other resources such as magazine articles about it, please feel free to post them or send them to me. Thanks a lot!!! :usa:usa:usa :notworthy
What do you consider an import? Brand, or machines themselves. Cat makes their excavators in Europe, yet Kobelco makes theirs in Georgia, and Komatsu makes theirs in Tn. As far as the machines themselves. They are all good, as long as dealer and part support is there.
one thing to remember in your speech is how the us dollar vs. the foregin currency affects price. If our dollar is 2x as good as the pound, english equipment costs less. If its two dollars to one yen, then we must pay more...
Hey! I did a project earlier this year, for our annual science expo, and mine was about an almost identical topic: Brand popularity. I interviewed operators, owners, dealers, but here, I got a bad response, especially from Cat. I included your Asian and European importers, as well as American, which is a given. I think the term "foreign" would refer to machines whose mother companies are from Asia, Europe, Africa etc. Another thing to include is the relationships between the respective brands, ie: Deere-Hitachi-Bell, New Holland and Kobelco, for instance.
Yes, let me clarify that: I meant anything manufactured outside of North America, so Cat's excavators are included. Foreign manufactruers making stuff here would not be included, like the Komatsu example. One example I used was Briggs & Stratton manufacturing motors in China and the Phillipines (but also found out they still have a few factories here). To be specific, the speech would include initial price, product quality, user safety, maintenance costs, and resale value. Also will talk about impact of outsourcing labor to Asia and losing jobs/hurting the local economy here due to that.
How did the speech go?
Well, the speech went pretty well on my part. Since we got out early that day and I absolutely HATE public speaking, I didn't have to read the whole thing. However, the teachers were impressed enough by it that they wanted me to enter a speechmaking competition but I firmly refused.
Massey-Feruson (AGCO) is an AG manufacturer in Europe, (and Cat is made here in the US and Japan, not Europe-I work on them all day) Terex, Fiat Allis, Takeuchi; Hundai is Korean, Bell is from South Africa, TigerCat is Canadian, Case International is also from Europe. That should get you started.
Sorry V16etc., Cat have plants in the UK making ADT's, (Peterlee), engines, (Peterborough), backhoes, mini-ex's, small and medium wheeled loaders (Leicester), tracked loaders, (Grenoble, france), excavators in Belgium, plus a number of smaller component plants across Europe. The plant in Belgium is one of their biggest anywhere.
Actually there are alot of machines by CAT made in other places besides USA and Japan. For example: 950H Wheel Loader Serial # Prefix N1A - Gosselies, Belgium Serial # Prefix M1G - Piracicaba, Brazil 962H Wheel Loader Serial # Prefix N4A - Gosselies, Belgium Serial # Prefix M3G - Piracicaba, Brazil IT62H Integrated Toolcarrier Serial # Prefix M5G - Piracicaba, Brazil 966H Wheel Loader Serial # Prefix A6G - Gosselies, Belgium 972H Wheek Loader Serial # Prefix A7G - Gosselies, Belgium 980H Wheel Loader Serial # Prefix MHG - Gosselies, Belgium Just to name a few
D6K, D6N, D5K, Grenoble, France. They used to build the rubber ducks in Germany, not sure if they still do - anyone?
do you know chinese wheel loader?We are a professional manufacturer and exporter of the small wheel loader, And we will give you the products with best quality and preferential price. In addition, We have exported our products to America,the Occident, Southeast Asia and so on. If you are interested in our products, please immmediately contact us. We will give you quality goods and competitive price. Thanks for your time and patience, your early reply will be highly appreciated. Best regards/Ms Jing Guo Shandong weili world machinery co,.ltd. Tel: 86-536-3819208 Fax: 86-536-3819218 Cell: 86-15963600296 Website: http://www.zzj.cc E-mail: [email protected] MSN: [email protected]
We are the No.1 manufacturer of wheel loader (small ) in China. Please visit our website at www.lzm-inc.com about more details.
Wheelloader: Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums. I'd like to draw your attention to the rules, an extract of which follows; Please be aware, your post above is your one introductory posting. Again Welcome.
With China keeping a oneway street in trade I avoid their products whenever possible. China is not the only country to do this to the USA.
+1 on that! one of our largest economic problems.......people wanting something for nothing......cheap shrit=China crap. Ed