Wanting to see some mechanic/service trucks that are used in the logging industry.
Here is G.R. Lind logging service truck a 450 Ford, with 19 piecies of equipment to look after it is almost not big enough, 4 are John Deere rest is Cat. There is a welder in the centre of this compartment, I should of opened the door on the other side. The 1/2 in plate on the right is a heavy duty work bench and folds up to the spare tire.
Here is MY idea of a good service truck....
Nice truck!!!!
what is this truck?
Poor parking, last day on the job:beatsme
I've never seen ground like that in Missouri. I have seen job site trucks parked like that so they don't get stolen. People up here usually don't leave the windows open, the ravens like to go through lunch boxes.
not Missouri, found in another thread. kinda like the bed on this truck. would like to see more pics of the bed. is it a maintenance truck? I guess any truck in a logging op would be.
Here where I live it is not a Maintenance truck it would be a normal truck that 2 or 4 men would use to travel from town to the logging site with. My friend runs a button top loader, and his tool box he keeps spare hoses and other items that may be needed, so when the field shop truck arrives he does not have to worry about if he has the correct hydraulic hosees with him.
The high centered PU in post #5 is a Ford F250 crew cab with long bed. As another said probably used to haul some tools and parts along with crew. In the old days they referred to these as the "crummy" if they were hauling workers to and from the job site. As to how they got that name, well one look inside would tell you.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/821301-logger-box-pics.html
thanks for the link, interesting bed design. they look beafy. I personally like a flatbed but the wife doesn't, but the log truck bed could be agreeable. I don't need a bed but I like to tinker in the winter so you never know what ill come out with in the spring.
Also called brutus boxes company in okanogan that builds them have lots of pictures on their website http://www.brutusbodies.com/