Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Forklift Question…..

BlainePudrum ยท 2016-01-25 19:07

Which rough terrain forklift is best for multi-purpose use? I had a Caterpillar Dv43 that finally died on me. Any suggestions? Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1Welder Dave2016-01-25 19:55

    I think you need to provide some more info. How much lift capacity do you need and what do you mean by multi-purpose? Could be a 4 wheel drive forklift or a wheel loader with forks and bucket depending.

  2. #2BlainePudrum2016-01-28 12:51

    Good Tip. I need to check the capacity I need I guess. I actually found this on Quora - https://www.quora.com/Which-rough-terrain-forklift-is-best-for-multi-purpose-use where someone suggested Intella lift parts . com so I've been checking for info there too. I prefer Crown and Hyster so I'm looking into those now.

  3. #3Delmer2016-01-28 13:16

    I had to google what that Cat was. I wouldn't call a container handler a multi purpose rough terrain forklift:beatsme Do you have specific forklift needs and do you have a pulse?

  4. #4Desertwheeler2016-01-28 16:30

    Those big lifts have their place. We had two Michigans similar to those 988's that we used to move rail cars. But when I was at the con expo I saw these and was amazed at the capacitys. This is the 40k and they have a 70k too. https://www.xmfg.com/product/xr4030/

  5. #5BlainePudrum2016-01-29 10:25

    Last I checked...yup still there. Thanks for your feedback however.

  6. #6sfrs42016-02-02 07:58

    in demers defence I think that might by a typo, I think he meant price. but I agree that is not what most would call a rough terrain multi purpose forklift I would class cat th82's jcb 535-95's etc as what you asked about, hence the confusion. more info on what your wanting to move weights and budgets will get you more concise reply's

  7. #7Delmer2016-02-02 13:20

    I don't mind being a jerk, I don't need anyone to defend me. He may have a pulse, but he's trying to drive traffic to his website, not looking for a replacement for his "Caterpillar Dv43 that finally died".

  8. #8mitch5042016-02-02 21:27

    Ok, I'm not defending you, but it is interesting that every post he has on here leads back to Intella lift parts. :beatsme