Hi, I am hopefully picking up a Deere 210C in a week or so. It does not have any sort of quick attach bucket, but I have a need for pallet forks. It seems the clamp on forks with a decent weight capacity may be a bit too heavy to put on and off easily. Is there a system that is available to make a fullsize bucket quick attach? I have a full shop off torches, plasma cutters, and welders with the knowledge and skill to use them, but alas lack the engineering part of my brain that allows for the design of things! As I get older, I have decided to work smarter, not harder, so I need the machine to do the work for me, and I need to not destroy my back in the process of changing buckets and forks! Thanks in advance, Tim
Try contacting Paladin and see if they offer a JRB coupler for your machine. http://www.jrbattachments.com/
Hey, Moosecountry, I have a Case 580SE and i have a set of AIM Forks that i purchased more then 12 years ago and they have been use on about 3 Backhoe that i have owned over the years i have a local Fab shop make me hooks out of 3/4" Plate for about $65.00 a set of 3 hooks i will post a pic of them.
Are these the style that are a set of forks mounted on a solid piece of round rod. Then you dump the bucket, drive up to the rod, curl the bucket and use the forks? I found this setup online, and think it is exactly what I want. No need to remove the bucket, and you can grab the forks, use em, and dump em without even leaving the operators seat! Tim
Hey, Tim here is the pic i tried to post awhile ago, i had to resize it to post it on the site, but yes they are dive upto forks and they work pretty good for the work i do with them mostly loading pallets of pipes, culverts and what ever i can't load by hand. lol
We also have a set of forks like diggerdave shows there. Have had them for about 20 years now and made new mounts for the last 3 backhoes we have had. Don't remember the brand they were, but I don't think the company is in business anymore. This was a local company that made brush rakes, etc. You definitely would want this style better then the clamp on forks. With the weights I have carried with these I think the clamp ons would have bent the bucket. If you are planning on making your own let me know and I could get you some measurements and pics for you. I use these on a 310D currently.
Thanks guys. Looks like the way to go. There must be some way to make a bracket or something to prevent the forks from swinging when you try to dump something. I anticipate most of my use would be picking up and moving looks from the woods to the woodpile for firewood, so dumping would be helpful. Tim
I would just put a chain and binder around the uprights of the forks and hook it to the bucket or around the bucket. Or you could weld some chain hooks somewhere on the bucket that would be out of the way to hook a short chain to.
Ours came with a light chain that was bolted to the bottom back of forks and then the top of forks had a slot you laid the chain into, chain ran around back of bucket to top of forks.
swinging forks We find it easy (on back and body) to 'adjust' forks along the rod when they are swinging as opposed to when they are bearing against the "shoe" (lip of bucket). Some half sections of pipe or a piece of angle iron used like a vee block and a hose clamp to hold them to the rod help the forks stay where you set them such as when unloading a truck of pallets and the empty forks on the return haul bounce around and settle into a new location. The rod being bent a little bit also helps this to occur and the rod will likely get bent one fine day. May want to store the forks where they can't fall over backward onto an unsuspecting youngster or laborer.
Take a look at the thread called DIY toolcarrier over at the toolcarrier forum. I have been posting there looking at the various systems available for a small loader. Due to a lack of any standard and high cost I am considering building my own q/a system for my forks, snow bucket and the gp bucket for my loader.
I am looking to make a set of the hooks for a fork set. Do you have any measurements, close up picture, or a template? Thanks
Hey, turbotech I think I have a Template for the hooks I will try and find it and if I do I will send it to you. I will PM you to get your address. Thanks, Diggerdave