Hello Looking for advice from experience, I have a 544 with a bucket, I have JRB long forks, I am also looking for short forks, I will be using to move junk cars, would like the flexibility to pickup lengthwise and from the side, Will eventually upgrade to an l70 or similar but have this to work with for now. what do you think is my best option to start moving my cars around??? Sorry if my write up seems cut and dry but my 1st attempt just got deleted by accident so I removed all the fluff. Thanks for the help!!! -Alex
xxx
Forks look like JRB 416 hooks. You'll have to make, or come up with a male half of the coupler to pin-on to the loader. And a diverter valve to operate the coupler latch and unlatch cylinder, if you want to switch the forks, or the forks and the bucket. The bucket you have has hooks for pallet forks. Prob the first place to start...
Not sure where you are located but there is an ad on maine Craigslist for 8' car forks off a jd544a. Might be your easiest route.
If you would like to come down to Fla. I have a set of forks used to lift cars. Used them on a 544.
Heres what I made up for my old Trojan loader a few years ago. I move mostly logs, the bucket hardly ever gets put back on. The frame I made Fits the original pins on the loader, and the ones on the bucket. I had to make the back of the forks take the same pins. You have to get on & off the machine to do the two lower pins, but it works.