your help is needed, our pay loader is having problems moving, its is very sluggish ,once it is moving it is fine , if you try to drive into a pile of dirt it just stops ,the engine keeps going but the loader just inches forward.how would i tell if it is the torque convertor or pump ? it seems to lift ok. strangely when you put a new battery in it it runs better (it has a charging problem)let me know what info is needed. thanks
Hello Paul, frankly speaking I do not know this loader and transmission at all. But: Usually this kind of drive (converter with powershift box) provides a pressure cut-off in drive clutch to allow full power on PTO when braking. If fitted does it release properly after braking? Colour of transmission oil is clear? Doesn't smell strange? Then I'd assume transmission pump is fine (and clutches too). As loader seems to work fine from time to time the main components of drive system seem to be fine, too. Guess, you already changed filter of transmission? br Bigbert
I don't know anything about that transmission either, but I can tell you the alternator is cheaper and easier than just about anything on the transmission. That's where I'd start.
Find a place where you can watch the drive line between the torque converter and the transmission. When you put the transmission in gear does it stop turning and only turn as the machine moves? When you put the bucket into a pile and the machine stops moving does the drive line keep moving? There is a de-clutch on the brake pedal that puts the transmission in neutral when you step on the left side brake. Is the brake stuck partially on. Is there a lot of dirt build up on the floor around the pedals?
I have a 65C and the converter has a charge pump that pumps oil from bottom of trans to the converter. It is a gear pump. Have you removed the oil line from bottom left side of trans and checked the screen for blockage? If the drive shaft from converter to trans stops turning it is not the trans. Problem is between the oil pickup screen and converter. There is also a inline filter mounted to inside of frame on left side.