Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fortronics chokers

REDWOOD LOGGER ยท 2016-03-09 22:53

Fortronics chokers Does anyone know what the model number is for the servo inside the fortronic electric choker bells. Im trying to find a replacement for a reasonable price. I know that is probably a 10 dollar part they are marking waaaaay up

Replies4
  1. #1Plebeian2016-03-12 06:49

    I think you might find the c422 servo motor (4.8 volts dc) is a specific servo motor made by Fortronics for the chokers. What are the options other than electronic chokers? Go back to chains, put a grapple on a acme carriage https://www.facebook.com/shawswireropes/videos/211901758981758/ , go to a bunching grapple, etc

  2. #2REDWOOD LOGGER2016-03-12 14:05

    Yes you are right after doing more research I came to that conclusion that they are specific and that's just what the price is

  3. #3Coastal WA2016-03-13 22:59

    Plebein I know this is a Fortronics thread but what modifications were done to the Acme Skyline brake to run on the running skyline? Looks like it stays in the air as the skid line is slackpulled through.

  4. #4Plebeian2016-03-14 03:25

    Acme are agents for Fortronics so they are 'related', the acme carriage has a diesel motor/ hydraulic system to do the line pulling. EMS (Electrical and Machinery Services) Rotorua did the modifications. (Frank at Kelso, Wa is listed as the US contact on the ems website) I should have gone and had a look at the acme carriage grapple/ 2 drum hauler when I had the opportunity. There is another type of grapple being developed with the acme carriage. helihawk http://helihawk.co.nz/applications/