Can anyone tell me what this thing is used for ?? http://youtube.com/watch?v=bzVo0vbLlno
Wow that could leave a mark According to their website it's a scarifier for preparing ground for re-forestation... http://www.brackegroup.com/ (select english from the dropdown and check out the product list)
We have a bunch around here, but not with that set-up for scarification. Most have the saw head or loader for forwarding logs to the landing. I suspect it is used to loosen the soil when done as the wheeled equipment packs it down so hard that seeds cannot take root. A couple guys around here have mentioned to me in passing that tracks are the way to go as there is less rutting and less compaction. We just had a fire in one similar last month about 100 yards from the landing. It was a bear to get to and was burning pretty good. We managed to save it with extensive damage to the engine compartment and cab.
I bet this guy wishes he had front tracks as well. lol http://youtube.com/watch?v=EHyJWiIdeJ0 And here's a walking one, I've yet to see any of these, maybe still prototype. http://youtube.com/watch?v=CD2V8GFqk_Y
Star Wars is here and alive.