Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Found another one that needed a home….

Paul W ยท 2008-10-22 20:50

Been looking around for another semi I could afford to replace my ol' KW that I have been using for the past few years with my RGN trailer.... K Dub needs a major rehab so I wil put it aside for a winter project that wont get rushed to get done by spring, better to buy another truck and use it. Heres some pics of what I found, 1990 IH... I think its a 9300. Can anyone tell me for sure? Paul

Replies8
  1. #1Paul W2008-10-22 20:52

    S'more pics

  2. #2nedly052008-10-23 05:14

    not sure on the model numbers however I always thought the 9300 had a sloped hood, but I really dont know:beatsme. Very nice truck, it looks very clean for a 90!

  3. #3D3B Dave2008-10-23 07:49

    Sure looks like a 9300 to me. I have a 95 model 9300, 435 3406E, 18 speed. Been a good truck so far, very few repairs. We call it "Black Goat" due to the goat horn exhaust stacks.

  4. #4nedly052008-10-23 19:23

    I was wrong, it is a 9300:Banghead

  5. #5Paystar2008-10-23 20:20

    Nice 9300's guys. They are good trucks. Nedly05: the sloped hoods are 9200 (short hood) and 9400 (longer hood). They have been discontinued and replaced by the Prostar. Though they are now using the same hoods again on the new 5900 set back axle Paystar.

  6. #6Paul W2008-10-23 20:31

    Thanks for the confirmation on being a 9300.... I'm really impressed with how clean and well maintained it seems to be. Havent been able to find anything that doesnt work yet.... Be nice to hook up to my trailer and pull the D6C or Cat 225 excavator and see how it does. It certainly has longer legs that my K Dub.... This will stroll right along at 70+ while the KW was wound tight at 60...... All this for six grand! Paul

  7. #7Paystar2008-10-24 19:18

    Six Grand, right on! What size Cummins you got in there. What model Kenworth do you have?

  8. #8Paul W2008-10-24 21:24

    Paystar.... Owner said it was a 400 horse Cummins. The line ticket that was in the cab said 350 Formula Cummins. Smoke rolls out pretty good if you get right after it so my guess is that it has been turned up a bit.... Havent had a chance to haul anything yet so I just cant say how it does.... My KW is a 1977 W900....