Does any one ells out there have or run a rollback or roll off truck??
I have ran both. A roll-off truck has more options than a flatbed roll-back truck,except if weight is an issue.
Ive run roll offs for years, and wouldnt go any other route. I just had a custom system built that is a roll back (about 8') then it continues as a roll off after that. Its on a 2008 Freightliner T/A. I hope to get it next week. It is designed to have as low of a deck height as possible to stay legal for height restrictions when hauling machines around.
Hi coastal do you have any pictures of it i am building one for hauling sheds thanks James
I dont have any pictures, I am hoping to get the truck next week, and will take some as soon as i get it!
Are you talking about a truck like this????
Yes i have a 2000 Frieghtliner FL70 with a 20,000 lb hooklift and A 2007 Volvo VHD with a 75,000 rolloff.
Here in Wa state we still use chain roll offs. I see everywhere else almost exclusiveley uses cable roll offfs.
Whats keeping that deere in the box and whats keeping the box on the truck?
Sweeeeet great to see im not the only one to run these type of trucks. Now we got to get some more pics, i seem to run into problems with equipment that have a high center of gravity ie reach lifts, backhoes and 2000ga water trucks it feels like im sitn on top of jello... How does that 450 stay in the box?????
All my box that I move equipment have D rings welded in the corners. When you pull the box up it can not move back or front it is locked in place by design on the hooklift and there are plates weled on the side rails of the box that slide into a channel on the hooklift subframe keeping the box from moving left and right. On the rolloff when you pull the box the nose rollers lock in automaticly and the rear can be straped down on each side.
that is abad azz hook lift to pull that 450 on that single axle?
Here is the the rollback i built about 5 years ago i wish i had pictures of the things ive hauled on it the picture is a 12x36 shed
i would really like to see a vid of the JD going on that roll off...pretty hair raising sight....
Not as interesting as Nac's 450 in a box but I have hauled my 334 a couple of times in a 30.
farm hooklift this is what i use to move my machine with ,we also have a selection of bins up to 40 yards ,the heaviest i have been on a weigh bridge is 36 tons all up it handles quite well even with that weight ,it even has ABS braking
ok ill do it again
some frome diesel nats:drinkup
Damn those are some sweet looking roll offs. I don't think I would want to work my truck if it looked like that. I'll have to post some new pics up of my roll of with its new set of aluminum wheels.
rolloff This is My Rolloff truck
rolloff sorry having trouble with pics
my rolloff my 2005 pete rolloff truck
another pic found more pics
Sweeet.... How much does that machine weigh?
weight My machine weights 20,000 #s with 7 buckets
Are all your trucks done up that nice or is that the show piece?
rolloff thanks its my only truck right now and its not a show truck i just like to keep it as clean as i can. it see's the dirt evey day. got keep up my image clean truck+clean tractor+clean work= happy customers
Thats a great show. Carting is a business ive always wanted to break into, just dont know how!
We have a mack we use for everything moving equipment blowing wood chips into hauling snow dirt trash we have pretty much done every thing we can think of with this truck
Anybody have pics of some"special" box they made
Nice trucks
Roll off. I must be honest, any thing carrying a big piece of kit starts to move off the bed, I will damn near mess myself, but it is a very useful concept, extremely well suited to the demolition industry, or the recycling industry, But it allows for greater versatilty of your truck, and is much cheaper to get on the outset. You know what, I think I will one day when when my ears are a little drier get a hook lift truck and a container for the material I will move, and a flatbed for the TLB.
Here are a couple pics of box i did up for my hook lift. You guys sure have some nice trucks! Mike
Very nice mcabbage. That is a slick set-up. I have been pondering the same thing - a used van body converted to a hook-lift setup. What I was wanting to do is use them for portable storage, rent them out. They would be easier to move than a conex box and you can use the truck you already have.
Might work out, I think you can find used boxes fairly inexpencive. Mounting them to a sled could add up quick. I thought about the same thing with my hook lift, but ive got no money to get that started right now. Tough enough just hanging on to stuff with my work situation? Someday! Mike
Let me try and get some pictures of up my trucks
I know Brandenburg demolition uses conex boxes that are set up like a roll off can. Add rollers on the corners, the sled and the hook point. Hitch your cable, pull her on the truck, down the road it goes. Ive worked for another demo company that had a modified roll off can. They took a high side box, added a peaked roof. Cut both ends, and set up doors on the front and back of the box. Around here we have a can company that has a similar set up. Except the door is only on one end. All are good options for job site storage, As long as you have a solid surface. The set up I prefer is what I had in Ohio. We took conex boxes, and mounted them on sleds made from 8 inch steel tube. The tube was angled up on the ends. At the door end, the tubes extended past the door and cut on an angle. They way it was set up you could drag the box with a hoe, or push the rear end with a dozer. The tube that extends past the door has expanded metal mesh welded to them. This way you can get most of the dirt off your feet on the way into the box. When it came time to move the crew, one of our dozers would leave first. It would go to the next job site. Lowboy driver came back and used our other dozer to push the box on the trailer. Or they would use a hoe. It would sit in the well while our 2000 gallon fuel tank sat on the back over the wheels. Apparently this was an idea taken from the oilfields.
A few of my trucks
Bobcat, Looks great, which hooklift is it? How long is the hooklift bed. Thanks Mike
Its an american roll off hooklift.. 14' bed
Thanks I think a flatbed will be my next purchace for my truck. Ah so many ideas and so little money! Mike
Well at least you have the truck hook and some bodies it's getting set up that cost the most. I still like your box a workshop in a box.
Thanks!
Mike what kind of electrical hook up do you have between the box and the truck? have you ever forgot to unconnect before dropping it? I like the thought of the long box but you also have short dump/dumpster bodies .
The hooklift is a slider version so it can take containers from 18' to 12' and i suppose you could push it a bit more with a drop down bumper. The box is 18' and that gives me just a bit under 4' overhanging the rear bumper. Ive got the box wired to a trailer plug conector and just plug it into trailer hitch plug. And yes i have forgot it a couple times and it just disconects itself. Im surprised i didnt rip it off by the roots!
I have a question about the hydraulics they have said on swap loader that you can hook up sanders bucket trucks graple set ups and so on with the hydraulics they have.Are you able to do that with your set up? put a sander on there? I wish your where closer definatl ywould like to see the box set up.
Hi Sorry i dont know, but imagine they are all about the same setup? You are welcome to come by any time, I am about an hour from Stoneham. Mike
our Swaploader does not have that capability stock but I believe you can get aux hyds to run whatever you want off the PTO, of course you would be limited to the size and output of the PTO and hyd unit. If times were better, we want to get a hook-lift grapple unit for our tandem truck that will run off the trucks hyd with quick connects. Here's a link to those pics post #11 I don't know the details of that particular unit but it does not seem to have a pony motor so it must work off the truck hydraulics.
Any pics yet coastal?