Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Found this on the side of the Interstate

KSSS ยท 2010-12-21 03:29

I saw this on the Interstate outside of Bozeman, it was just what I was looking for. Tilts are a dime a dozen seems almost impossible to find a ramped 50K three axle tag. Gave a call, the guy gave me a good price and I bought it. It was certainly worth the stop.

Replies12
  1. #1DEERE310SG2010-12-21 12:05

    That looks like a great tag trailer. Kyle

  2. #2ben46a2010-12-21 19:31

    Why not tilt? it sure makes loading nice.

  3. #3CM19952010-12-21 21:33

    Nice find. Trail King is probably the best tag trailer on the road.

  4. #4willie592010-12-21 22:07

    Damn nice looking trailer bro.

  5. #5farmerleach2010-12-24 19:59

    That looks to be almost new. Was it repainted? I haven't seen a used trailer in that good of shape, well ever really.

  6. #6Hardline2010-12-24 23:49

    Sign in the second picture says For Sale Brand New Trail King Trailer.

  7. #7ke6gwf2010-12-25 03:56

    Did he have any more? That's what I need! (actually I need Mr. "Santa" Murry to build me an airlift 3 axle Easy Tail, with a short double drop deck and a removable pintle hitch neck instead of a gooseneck. And I need them to build it about 5 years ago so we can buy it used but in good shape... It is Christmas so I can dream!

  8. #8KSSS2011-01-01 22:51

    I wanted to be able to load a mini ex and skid at the same time. Technically the trailer was used. The Fed ex tax had been paid but the trailer had never been used. Pulls very nice, handles my 160 great. I am real happy with it.

  9. #9dirty4fun2011-01-10 21:36

    I do have a dime or two so let me know where those tilt trailers are located, only need a 15-20 ton.

  10. #10KSSS2011-01-16 14:48

    I found them on Machinery Trader, there is a nice 25T three axle on Iron Planet coming up. Its in Utah, they have it starting at 8K. Also there are several on KSL.com which is out of Utah but there are some deals on there as well. Go to the heavy equipment icon on the classified ads.

  11. #11MOUNTAIN MAN2011-01-23 12:46

    That's a beautiful Tag, great find.

  12. #12digger1042011-05-10 22:47

    I have a 28' trailer that I added a lift axle from a car carrier. I had to use low profile tire on the lift axle. I did this around 10 years ago. I want to be able to haul my 755B behind my tri-axle. I'm about 300lbs under 80,000. I see not that eager Beaver builds on now.