Anybody here got any first hand experience in the process's used in the actual production of the fracturing sand used in the oil field business,,, any comments or video's would be appreciated,,, Thanks in advance Grampa.
us silica is the major suplier from what i know. Its a fine, white sand that is special enough for them to truck it in to pa from hundreds of miles away. Here they are using it for fracking wells in the marcellas shale 5-6k feet down.
I have heard rumers about it.Seems some people are going to give it a try.I think the sand has to be round for frac sand.
Gramps, the major producer around here, Sargent sand, has a lot of sand used in the core business. A lot of their sand is shipped by rail in cement style hoppers. It goes all the way from Northwest Michigan to Cleveland Ohio for core sand. I know they ship where ever the fracing companies want it. They will transload from railcars, to trucks, that will haul it to the site. I told ya in chat, get ahold of some folks from the fracing companies, ie haliburton, and see if they have any interest in checking out what you have. If you hit the mother load, I will expect my cut, in gold bullion, as that seems a safer bet than currency right now.
Squeezing money out of gramps would be the equivalent of squeezing lemon juice from a banana...not gonna happen.
I knew with you their'd be a catch...lol... I don't believe my product is exactly what they need, but i'm still interested in the screening, drying, process. I think they dry it, and then it has to be keep absolutly dry until the end user.
Yep, I can hear the pennies squealing right now..:tong
Hey Gramps There is a frac sand mine in my area, check out winnbay.com. Hope this helps you out.
thanks bushcat, I will.
Grandpa, have you ever looked into producing sand blasting media?