Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Frankenhoe

Cmark ยท 2010-01-31 16:16

This has got to be one of a kind...

Replies10
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2010-01-31 16:55

    No, not one of a kind, but it should be. All the gas company trucks around here are set up like that. water company has some too.

  2. #2Phil2010-02-01 05:43

    Good supply of hoe attachments once the trucks wears out, and the hoe will someday be worth more than the truck. Phil

  3. #3Arabhacks2010-02-01 06:56

    Cool! Hello. I think the idea is really neat! For utility work in an alley and the like it is perfect. Transportability of a truck with a backhoe, and nothing to unload.

  4. #4cat3202010-02-01 08:25

    they used to have them on some gas co trucks here a long time ago but no more they just use backoes mow and drive them.

  5. #5bill onthehill2010-02-01 19:26

    I have seen them in the past but not any recently(15years).

  6. #6JS580SL2010-02-01 20:42

    Cat320, Baystate Gas still has them on the back of their trucks. Good for chasing leaks bout it.

  7. #7Steve Frazier2010-02-01 22:07

    Con edison used to have backhoes mounted on the back of F-350 utility trucks. I haven't seen them in years though, they seem to use compact tractors now.

  8. #8Bellboy2010-02-16 08:09

    some of our rail maintenance trains have wagons with those little backhoes.

  9. #9Bartlanz2010-02-16 10:10

    Thats pretty cool! I have never seen such a beast, every one around me uses a backhoe

  10. #104500ltb2010-03-06 21:18

    Cool setup, allways there when you need it